Many students may be in need of special arrangements during their studies, either for a short period – or through the entire course of study. Contact the Student administration early to ensure that you get the special arrangements you need when you need them.
If you have a physical disability, temporarily or permanent, we will do our utmost to ensure that your course of study is adapted to your needs. Please contact your place of study as soon as possible, and well before you start your studies, so we can look at the available options.
Special arrangements include both physical environment and educational measures. Please think through different aspects of your everyday as a student, and make a note of needs you believe may occur. You need to report which consequences your condition may have on your study situation.
Common causes for special arrangements
There are several reasons why you as a student may need special arrangements during your studies, like
- Acute or chronic illness
- Impaired ability (e.g. motion-, visual- and hearing impaired, as well as reading- and writing disabilities)
What kind of help can you get?
Each place of study will do their utmost to help you make special arrangements.
We can help you:
- determine and implement special arrangements in buildings and lecture/examination rooms
- coordinate physical/educational special arrangements
- with special arrangements during examinations – and during your study, when needed
- find contact details for professionals regarding reading- and writing disabilities
- find correct addresses for applications regarding aids, reading- and writing assistance, interpreters, assistants and more
Special examination arrangements?
Application / documentation must be submitted for each examination period
An application for special examination arrangements must be submitted for each examination period, even when the reasons for the special examination arrangements are permanent.
The application must also be accompanied by documentation each time, unless the student has a certified note showing that the disability is chronic and the student has received confirmation from BI Norwegian Business School that the documentation is valid for the entire study period.