For you to get to know BI and fellow students, we have put together a programme for your first week here.
Arrival events 6-7 January
The weekend before semesterstart we have arranged for some low-key events so you can already get out and meet other exchange students if you have arrived in Oslo.
- Saturday 16.00 - 18.00: Stop by coffee hour at Kroa, the student bar at BI, for a free coffee or tea. Entrance from Sandakerveien.
- Sunday 12:30 - 15.00: We have reserved a sports hall where you can meet to play football, basket or what you would like. There are locker rooms there where you can change. Meet by the main entrance at BI at 12.30.
Monday 8 January
- 16.00 - 17:30: Information meeting, room C1-010
- 17.30 - 21:00: Pizza and "Beat for Beat" at Kroa
Tirsdag 9 January
- 17.00 - 18.00: How to be a BI student, room C1-060
This is your chance to get all the information you need about exams directly from the exam office, and some other useful information about being a student at BI.
- 18.00 - 21:00: Quiz at Kroa
Wednesday 10 January
- 11.00 - 13.00: Book an appointment with the police at the Student Service Center (Non-EU/EEA citizens only) - bring your passport!
- 17.00 - 18.30: Learn Norwegian in 90 minutes, room C1-050
- 18.30 - 21.00: Ice skating at Frogner stadion, meet by the main entrance at BI.
Thursday 11 January
- 21.00 - 01.00: Party at Il Barbera
Fredag 12 January
- 18.00 - 22.00: Taste the World at Kroa
This event relies on you guys! We hope that you want to bring a typical dish from your home country for others to try. Gather up with fellow citizens and cook something together, or show off your cooking skills by yourself. In return you will try the other students' local cuisine.
Sunday 14 January
- 11.45 - 15.00: Sightseeing by bus, meet by the main entrance at BI
Don't miss out on this opotrtunity to see some of the main sites of Oslo! Tour includes Vigelandsparken, Holmenkollen, Bygdøy and the Opera.