are required to take a full course load while on exchange (30 ECTS). The course
approval procedure can be time-consuming - make sure you start this
work as early as possible.
All questions regarding course approval must be sent to:
Step-by-step for Course Approval:
Print out the form
Search for relevant courses on the exchange university web pages. See your study plan for mandatory courses.
Fill in the Learning Agreement (LA) form.
We strongly recommend that you list more courses than you need, so you have a number of possible backup alternatives during course registration/add and drop period at host university
Hand in the LA form to the International Office at BI together with complete course descriptions or send it to outgoing-LA@bi.no
Learning Agreement - deadlines
Course registration at host university
- Register for courses within the deadline. Read information from host university.
- Note that many courses fill up fast.
Changes to LA after arrival
- Send e-mail to outgoing-LA@bi.no, please send structured emails and include the following information:
- Personal info:
- BI-student number
- Host university
- Study programme at BI
- Answer all applicable questions:
- list the reasons for making changes
- list new courses to be approved (include course description or link to course)
- Make sure that you have an approved workload of credits/ECTS/Units.
Returning the Learning Agreement
- Return LA when all courses are in place.
- If you have made changes after arrival at host university, please fill in LA page 2.
- Erasmus+ students must return their LA, signed and stamped from host university
- Students outside Europe must return their LA only when changes have been made (no signature/stamp required from host university)
- Please note that credits obtained on exchange will not be registered unless you have submitted the LA and student report.
Deadlines for returning the LA:
Autumn exchange: December 15
Spring exchange: June 15