you are currently a student, you may not necessarily become employed somewhere
when you are ready. We have gathered useful information for those interested in
entrepreneurship and innovation. Use the time while studying to figure out of
this a suitable direction for you! Contact your local campus to find out more.
Resources related to BI –
What can you do while studying?
- BI CoWork – a coworking-space in the basement of BI Oslo for students working with entrepreneurship. BI CoWork also arrange CoTalk and CoMeet. https://www.facebook.com/BIcowork.
- StartBI – an innovation and entrepreneur association that, among others, organize the innovation day together with EntØk every fall. Start.no has local teams all over Norway
- Entreprenørskapsbloggen – good thoughts and ideas from academics and students on entrepreneurship.
- Electives – check out whether you can sign up for courses on entrepreneurship within your degree
- Venture Cup - Nasional business plan competition for students where the aim is to stimulate innovations nationally. This is run by StartBI at BI.
- Gründerskolen – an international opportunity to increase your competence for innovation and entrepreneurship
Finance and Guidance
- DNB Oppstartslos – a team with high competence on starting a business. They can provide you with valuable tips and help.
- Oslo business region – Oslo municipality's entrepreneurship websites with valuable information, events, and an overview of the StartUp environment in Oslo.
- Altinn – A public service with a lot of information on how to «Start and run a business» and a great overview of support organs.
- Connect Norge – Existing businesses helping new companies by sharing their competence. It is a free opportunity for companies facing important strategic choices. This is viewed as an objective partner compared to investors.
- Patentstyret – Do you have an idea that needs protection?
- Smart bedrift – Vismas inspiration and tips for those that are starting a business
- Innovasjon Norge – If the company less than five years old you may apply for establishment funding for up to 50 percent of costs related to business development and market introduction. http://innovasjonnorge.no/no/finansiering/
- Legathåndboken – Publishment with an overview of 2000 subsidies that one may apply for as a student or as an independent employer.
- Seed Forum– A nonprofit organisation connecting entrepreneurs and investors. Arrange meeting where you get the opportunity to present your company and concept for investors within your business area.
Network og co-working spaces
- MESH – et coworkingspace og start-up scene i Oslo, mange events som er åpne for alle.
- StartUpLab - et kontorfelleskap med ca 60 i Forskningsparken for forsknings- og innovasjonsintensive Tech-bedrifter.
- SoCentral – coworkingspace/samfunnsaktør med fokus på sosialt entreprenørskap, i samarbeid med Sparebankstiftelsen.
- 657 - et coworkingspace som tilbyr et sted å jobbe for freelansere, entreprenører og bedrifter innen kultur- og kommunikasjonsbransjen
- House of Nerds – nyåpnet spill- og teknologisenter som blant annet inneholder et coworkingspace for startups innen spillutvikling, tech og gamification.